Mid Weight Art Director needed ASAP for 3 month fixed term contract with the option to extend.
- UK based Full remote, with some meetings based in London
- Own kit + software needed
- Based on pro rata 45k to 50K
- Shoots in Milan, there is some travelling involved such as fashion week of Milan twice a year and potentially Paris (basic Italian language skills are needed)
- Mid level of experience needed
You will be comfortable creating high quality concepts, as well as able to conceptualise and visualise highly creative material for social media. Sustainability at the heart, all collections are made of natural fibres and made in Italy in small laboratories with great attention for quality and details. The brand is looking for an Art Director working with the Founder to develop a strong visual identity for the brand across all channels, expressing the brand essence in an innovative way. This role will work together with the marketing, communications, and e-commerce team across all brand content, including product, editorial and campaigns.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, articulate an original and out-of-the-box on-brand visual strategy and cohesive expression across the channels, all campaigns & editorials, print projects, and events aligned with the brand strategy and ethos
- In charge of design strategy and planning, from innovative concepts to final production of assets across all platforms (social media, website, email, ads, packaging and print collateral, special projects and press assets) in collaboration with a team of in-house graphic designer or freelancers to be created
- Working with Brand Director, designing the content strategy and inputting experimental creative assets and new formats for social media (gif, videos, effect) expressing the magical & spiritual mood of the brand
- Manage global photography and film shoots across e-comm and digital imagery for season shoots from sourcing talent and briefing to delivery of art direction guidelines, on-the-ground support, and post-production workflows
- Appointing external agency partners when needed, giving expert direction on new campaigns and projects, ensuring all assets are delivered to brief, on time and on budget.
- Leveraging a solid network of freelancers (graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, designers, digital fashion, etc) to activate based on projects
- Creating website design concept and its evolution, working together with web and creative agencies
- Keep up-to-date with industry, design and multi-media trends and be able to translate into new ideas and concepts
- Proven experience in a stand alone or lead creative role
- Strong graphic design skills + qualification: understanding of and experience in branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong knowledge of who we can creatively partner with to produce outstanding visuals (photographers, directors, stylists, models, artists, illustrators etc)
- The ability to grasp marketing, licensee and PR needs and consider practical solutions
- Basic Italian language skills (the team is international)
- Bachelors or masters design in art, design, communication or a related field
- Must have experience working on fashion, beauty and luxury brands
- Adobe creative suite
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to senior department heads and colleagues
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Pro-active and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Awareness of the competitive business environment in which they work
- A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected
- A strong interest in various cultural, art forms, sustainability, spirituality
Please email me your cv and folio ASAP.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.